Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I Got A Job With the Witness Protection Program

Well sort of, I've been doing some research about interactive and new media projects for the ITVS Project 360 initiative. So I am looking at examples of different types of online and multi-platform media. I have just been playing with one which is an audience engagement tool for a USA network show called In Plain Sight which is a crime drama following Mary Shannon, a U.S. Marshal attached to the highly secretive Federal Witness Protection Program (WITSEC). Your role in the game is the rookie Marshall at the WITSEC.


(screen shot of the game)


The new media component is found at http://www.witsecconfidential.com/ It is a story game something like (and I am about to date myself right now) Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego.

Toward the more hipster side of the spectrum is the music video for Arcade Fire's single The Wilderness Downtown. The video incorporates google street view images of your childhood home into the music video, and cool live animated typing kind of tool.

There are different video clips that are housed in a series of pop-up windows. It is really cool. Just don't try to resize or move the windows when they start popping up like I did at first ha ha! You can input your own address and get a customized video experience at http://www.thewildernessdowntown.com/ The video works best in the Google Chrome Browser.


(my desktop while playing the new Arcade Fire Video)

No comments:

Post a Comment