Monday, August 31, 2009

Pacific X-Change Participants

I just got back yesterday from Oahu. I was there for three days for a filmmaker conference, and I met a lot of cool people. I have another blog entry that is being posted on the ITVS website about the conference itself, which is reposted below. But I thought it would be good to showcase some of the other filmmakers that I met while I was over there because there is absolutely a budding community of filmmakers all throughout Polynesia, which is very exciting for me to see. Here are just a few:



Jacob Holcomb - lives on Oahu and is currently working on a documentary about the revitalization of the art of Tongan Tatooing. I also got to see the vampire film that he made. It was an official selection of the 2008 Louis Vuitton Hawai‘i International Film Festival. He is working on making the feature. You can see the trailer and more at: www.hawaiivampire.com



Keoni Kealoha Alavarez - is from Pahoa, Hawai‘i his current project is about Hawaiian burial grounds. You can learn more about his productions here: www.hawaiianislandproductions.org

No comments:

Post a Comment